Tuesday 11 September 2012

Day 21: The weather is becoming less searingly hot, it no longer almost melts my laptop! The winds have picked up a little which is so nice because otherwise lessons would be unbearable. I am still deliberating between history and psychology, it seems like an impossible choice; other than that my subjects are going OK and I think CASs are going to be great once I sort out what I'm doing. I am loving Mostar - it is a beautiful city and has so much life - the only problem is there is no art shop! Broken hearted. There are many other shops however which shell beautiful jewellery and wonderful little objects as well as paintings and drawings. The praying from the mosque which happens every few hours is really wonderful and beginning to sound like home, along with the peals of bells from the churches which can also be heard. The night atmosphere and life in Mostar is amazing, the shops are open till about 10.00 pm and there are so many people around and music playing. The only down side is that there is a night club right outside my window which plays dance music unbelievably loud until about 2.00 am on weekends and 11.00 pm or later during the week. the adjustments which I am making though, make me happy because I can feel that I am in a different place, environment and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment